You must always carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave the home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
Face masks must be worn:
– on public transport, in commercial passenger vehicles such as taxis and ride share vehicles, and in tour vehicles
– by visitors to a hospital
– by visitors at a care facility (while indoors)
– indoors at shopping centres, retail facilities with 2,000 or more square metres of indoor space, markets and market stalls
– on flights to and from Victoria and
if you are diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19, or a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19, when leaving your home or accommodation for a permitted reason, such as medical care or to get tested
while awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test when leaving your home or accommodation for a permitted reason, such as medical care (except as part of a surveillance or other asymptomatic testing program)
while experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
It is strongly recommended you wear a face mask when at a private gathering or when you cannot maintain 1.5 metres distance from other people (such as outdoor markets, outdoor concerts, street markets, at a busy bus stop or train station platform).