03 9756 0244
Why Choose Start Training for Your EWP Training in Melbourne?
When completing your EWP Training with Start Training you will have access to the following:
- Two convenient locations in Ferntree Gully and Hoppers Crossing
- A choice of boom lift training over 11m (WP Licence) or Yellow Card course (boom lift under 11m, scissor lift and vertical lift)
- Weekend training
- Free re-testing and additional EWP training if required
- All required training material provided at no extra cost
- Our highly experienced and qualified trainers with a wealth of industry knowledge
- A friendly and relaxed environment where students of all experiences and backgrounds can train comfortably and with confidence
EWP Training Course
The EWP training course is designed for those who need to operate Boom Lift with a boom length of 11 metres or more. To operate this equipment you are required to hold a nationally recognised WorkSafe Licence to Perform High Risk Work WP class (commonly known as an EWP ticket or Boom Lift ticket). On successful completion of this course you will receive a Statement of Attainment; TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11m or more) issued by Start Training, and a temporary WorkSafe Licence; Licence to Perform High Risk Work – WP. You then need to take this to Australia Post and pay a licence fee of $60 to WorkSafe Victoria to receive you five year WP Licence.
If you need to operate other type of EWP equipment including scissor lift, vertical lift, or a Boom Lift with a length of less than 11 metres, see our Yellow Card course below. On successful completion of this course you will receive an EWPA issued Yellow Card and a Statement of Attainment RIIHAN301 Operate elevating work platform. If you enrol in a two day WP course, you are able to complete a Yellow Card at the same time, resulting in considerable savings.
Yellow Card Training Course
The Yellow Card course is designed for those who need to use types of EWP’s that do not require a Worksafe High Risk licence. These include;
- Scissor lift (class SL),
- Vertical lift (class VL)
- Self Propelled Boomlift (under 11 metres) – (class BL)
- Trailer mounted Boomlift (under 11 metres) -(class TL)
- Truck Mounted Boom – TM (under 11 metres)- (class TM)
Yellow Card Courses are held at our Ferntree Gully and Hoppers Crossing Training Centres and provide training in Boom Lift and Scissor Lift ( class BL & SL). Our centre at Ferntree Gully is also equipped with a Vertical Lift. If you require training any of the additional classes above (TL, or TM), we can arrange for you to do the course at an alternative location. Various locations are available throughout the Melbourne metropolitan area. On successful completion of this course you will receive an EWPA Yellow Card, which confirms that you have been trained in the safe use of the work platform(s) as noted on the ticket. You will also receive a Statement of Attainment RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform.
EWP Training and Yellow Card Course Structure
A one or two day course, depending on your previous experience and licensing requirements (see above). The courses include practical and theoretical training in EWP operation. On successful completion of the course you will have the knowledge and skill to operate the equipment in a safe and competent manner. Small class sizes ensure students receive maximum time operating the EWP. Part of the EWP theory component (workbook) is completed at home prior to the course. Please let us know if you need assistance with reading or writing.
EWP Training Course Requirements
- Have valid photo identification (click here for details)
- Be a resident of Victoria (or have a valid reason for completing your course in Victoria)
- Have basic English and numeracy skills
- Complete a workbook prior to your course
Onsite EWP Training and licensing
Start Training also provides onsite EWP training courses where our trainers come to you in all areas of Melbourne and regional Victoria, saving you time and money. We can design an EWP training program around your requirements which can include beginner training, refresher courses or verification of competencies to ensure your licensed operators are driving safely. Contact us now to discuss you company’s requirements on (03) 9756 0244.